Portland Alternative Dispute Resolution Attorney
O. Meredith (Met) Wilson Jr.
I am O. Meredith “Met” Wilson Jr., the principal and proprietor of Wilson Dispute Resolution in Portland. I founded my dispute resolution firm in 2005 following a successful 40-year career practicing all aspects of business and commercial law for a highly regarded Pacific Northwest law firm.
Over the course of my career as an attorney, I have represented a diverse group of corporate clients, including Southern Pacific Transportation Company and its motor carrier and pipeline corporate relatives, as well as the First Interstate Bank family in Oregon.
I have been AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell* since the 1970s, and have been selected for inclusion in Oregon Super Lawyers in dispute resolution since 2006.
I have served as an arbitrator for more than 40 years and a mediator for more than 25 years for American Arbitration Association, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), the Arbitration Service of Portland and the American Health Lawyers Association. I have more than 200 hours of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) training. I am certified as a professional mediator by the International Mediation Institute, and I am a member of the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals.
As a proponent of giving back to the Portland community, I have volunteered hundreds of hours as a mediator in small claims court and in the Oregon Court of Appeals.
I received my undergraduate degree in economics from Harvard University and received my law degree from the University of Minnesota.
I attended the University of Utah in 1957-58. I transferred to Harvard in 1959 and graduated cum laude in 1961 in Economics. In June of 1961 I went to work on the trading desk of a local brokerage firm in Portland while my wife finished nursing school. I went to the University of Minnesota Law School from 1962-65. I graduated magna cum laude, served on the law review including as Case Editor. I worked at the McColloch, Dezendorf & Spears law firm and its successors as an associate from 1965 until I became a partner in 1969. The firm became Lane Powell. I became involved in alternative dispute resolution (arbitration and mediation) in 1979. I left Lane Powell in 2005 to become a full time neutral at my firm Wilson Dispute Resolution.
I welcome the opportunity to help you resolve your business or commercial dispute without the cost and uncertainty of litigation. Call 503-388-4783 or use our contact form on this website to schedule an appointment.
- Presenter for CLE Programs on Ethics in Mediation, and other mediation topics
- Presentations (oral and written) for Practicing Law Institute UCC Skills programs in New York City and San Francisco on “Injunctions Against Honor of Letters of Credit,” “Wrongful Dishonor” (of checks or items) and “Stopping Payment.”
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Arbitration Association (Arbitrator and Mediator)
- FINRA formerly, The National Association of Securities Dealers (Arbitrator and Mediator)
- Arbitration Service of Portland (Arbitrator and Mediator)
- American Health Lawyers Association (Arbitrator and Mediator)
- Oregon Court of Appeals (Volunteer mediator)
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals , Member